Monday, October 20, 2008

Letter from Monkey

Dear Mr. Zookeeper:

I like you. You are fun and warm and much more scientific than the other giant person. Thank you for letting me try your oatmeal. It was a most excellent experiment and you know that the other one would never have let me have some of hers.


Thank you also for letting me sleep on you at the pumpkin patch. It was windy and chilly but you are warm and cozy. You were much more interesting than the lines of people and pumpkins anyway.



I always appreciate it when you tell me that I look silly or that the other one has put me in some ridiculous get up. I am new here and no one else will be straight with me about what looks good. That onesie and navy socks combination you cooked up was pure sartorial brilliance, even if the other one keeps saying 'best look in the world' and laughing. You are so right, I look like someone so advanced in years that they are sure to serve me at the bars. (Can they serve me more oatmeal??)

So I will miss you this week when you are ... somewhere I have never heard of before. I'm not sure I like it when you leave the room, so I am sure I will not like it when you are even farther away. I hope you come back soon.

Peace out.

Love,

Monkey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you too. Mr. Z