Friday, February 20, 2009

A Letter from Monkey

Why, hello, Internets! I hope that you are all doing well. Life here at the Zoo continues to fascinate and excite. I've been continuing work on my Very Important Scientific Research and am making great progress in some key areas. I thought you might appreciate an update on my findings.
I have become a very accomplished sitter, and this enables me to greatly expand the scope of my experiments. From this position, I have discovered that not only can I pick up my Scientific Equipment as I wish, I can also use two different pieces of Scientific Equipment at once. If you bang them together, they create sounds! I am exploring including these sounds in my next musical composition. My tone poems feature dissonance and unusual rhythms.
Much of my new research involves exotic cuisines. Thus far, I have sampled several varieties of unique vegetables. I find that my preferences follow the color of the food. In order of my appreciation, I have experimented with sweet potatoes, winter squash, carrots, green beans and peas. Lately I have been researching the addition of oatmeal and rice cereal, and thoroughly enjoying the magical pear. Do you know about pears? They are fantastic! You should try some.
I also enjoy testing various utensils. I have a pronounced fondness for spoons. However, my research has proven that utensils of any kind are not necessary.
Mobility is another of my primary research areas. I have been highly successful in my vertical maneuvers, and can attain an upright position on most furniture, including my crib, toy boxes, chairs, and laundry baskets. (Laundry baskets do require additional stabilizing forces, kindly provided by the giant people.) Now I am working on moving from one piece of furniture to the next.
I have absolutely no patience for this 'crawling' that they say the other tiny scientists are discovering. What an inferior method of locomotion. All of this Very Important Scientific Research requires a great deal of energy, naturally. Yesterday I was so fatigued by my experiments that I fell asleep all on my own in my crib. The giant people say that this is an important milestone of some sort, but I find that sleeping in general is highly overrated. No new discoveries can be made while sleeping.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have many new experiments planned for today. I have spoken with my videographers and they should have some new video clips documenting my research to post shortly.

Adieu!

-Monkey

No comments: