Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Letter from Monkey




Dear Santa,

My name is Monkey. I am sure you know that I am new here and this is my first Christmas, since they tell me that you are watching me and judging me all the time. That's kind of weird, but however you want to spend your time is fine with me, I guess. Just so you don't get confused, I wore this shirt so you would know I've been good. (It says, 'Dear Santa, I've been good all year. Just ask Mommy')

They also tell me that it's traditional to for me to write you a letter with some ideas for things that you can bring me for Christmas morning. Apparently you are going to break into our house and leave gifts? I know, it sounds crazy to me too, but then most things sound crazy to me (again, because I'm new here).

So, here is my first Christmas list:

- Food and love for kids everywhere. Heifer International, Prevent Child Abuse Indiana, and the Indiana Mothers Milk Bank could all use your help more than I could use another toy.

- Bumkins Diaper Covers (size M) Lately the giant people have been reading me some very fascinating books by a man with a funny name. Seuss or Zeus or something. I was helping Mrs. Z shop online the other day and discovered that I can have pants that match my books! I think that Mrs. Z bought the Grinch pants. We don't have that book so I don't know who that is, but apparently he pretends to steal your job? This holiday just gets more and more confusing all the time.

- Evenflo Switch-A-Roo toys These can swap out the toys on my exercauser for even more exercitement. I hear that you can find them in the store at Babies R Us.

- Right now I really like fabric or wooden toys. Things I am getting into:
- Soft blocks (good examples here, here, or here)
- Stacking toys (good examples here, here, or here)
- Soft balls (a whole page of great ideas here)
- Sassy Earth Brights toys These are at Babies R Us too.

- Also at Babies R Us, they have these awesome clothes by Amy Coe. Monkeys and rock stars!! They clearly had me in mind. Mrs. Z says they should be 6-9 month size, as I am growing so fast.

So, that's it, Santa. I'm not sure what happens next, but I guess you'll just let yourself in to our house?

See you then - or not, I guess. If I'm awake I promise I won't peek. (Or at least I'll try.)

Merry Christmas,

Monkey



P.S. - Dear Santa, I hope you remember our little chat about trying to avoid toys with batteries and/or BPA. All we want for Christmas is a healthy Monkey and a happy planet! These stores have some great ideas (and in-store pick up or cheap/free shipping!) if you're stumped.

We'll leave you some cookies!

Love, The Zookeepers

No comments: